Procedure for Request of Information
1. What is the Application Procedure for requesting information?
1.Apply in writing or through electronic means in English or Hindi or in the official language of the State, to the Public Information Officer (PIO), specifying the particulars of the information sought for.
2. Reason for seeking information are not required to be given;
3. Pay fees as may be prescribed (if not belonging to the below poverty line category).
2. What is the time limit to get the information?
1. 30 days from the date of application
2. 48 hours for information concerning the life and liberty of a person
3. 5 days shall be added to the above response time, in case the application for information is given to Assistant Public Information Officer.
4. If the interests of a third party are involved then time limit will be 40 days (maximum period + time given to the party to make representation).
5. Failure to provide information within the specified period is a deemed refusal. .
3. What is the fee?
1. Application fees are as prescribed in the Goa Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2006.
2. If further fees are required, then the same must be intimated in writing with calculation details of how the figure was arrived at;
3. Applicant can seek review of the decision on fees charged by the PIO by applying to the appropriate Appellate Authority;
4. No fees will be charged from Citizens living below the poverty line
5. Applicant must be provided information free of cost if the PIO fails to comply with the prescribed time limit.